I hope everyone is having a fabulous Summer and enjoying the longer warmer days, my heart goes out to all of those who have been effected by the terrible bushfires.
Summer is my favourite time of the year, so many varieties of fruit and vegetables to make delicious healthy meals! I find myself eating more salads over this time as its so hot.
Some handy tips to making salads taste great are adding loads of fresh herbs, season well and always add something with some crunchy texture.
Each year I come up with different ideas for delicious salads and this year my favourite salad has been my Soba Noodle Salad, so I have decided to share it with you. Its so simple and you will definitely impress your friends and family with this one.
Give it a go, recipe below 😊
Soba Noodle Salad
Author: Pippa McLeod
Prep Time: 30 mins Cooking time: 15 mins Total time: 45mins
300g Buckwheat Soba Noodles
125g Edamame (shelled and defrosted) – you can buy bags of these at any good Asian supermarket in the freezer, it will make your life easier, trust me.
200g Eggplant (cut into 2cm dice)
25g Parsley (chopped)
25g Spring onion (finely sliced)
25g Coriander (chopped)
25g Fried Shallots
5g Sesame Seeds
25g Sesame oil
50g Soya Sauce
Olive oil (to taste)
Salt and pepper (if you desire)
- Pre heat oven 180 degrees
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil, add noodles and cook according to packet.
- Strain noodles, toss through some olive oil so they don’t stick together. Cool down in fridge.
- Toss cut eggplant with oil, salt and pepper. Roast @ 180 degrees until soft (usually takes 20 mins)
- Blanch broccolini in salted boiling water for 2 minutes and refresh in iced water. Once cooled chop into small pieces
- Bring out noodles from fridge, roughly chop and place in mixing bowl. Add eggplant, edamame, broccolini, sesame oil, soya sauce, coriander, spring onion, parsley and toss through.
- Check for seasoning add some soya sauce, salt, pepper or extra olive oil if desired.
- Place in serving bowl and finish with fried shallots and sesame seeds.